Sunday, July 31, 2022

Joyous day!

<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-4671111515252199"
     crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

Two days ago I was given a wonderful gift and I spoke with and saw N and Y! Unfortunately, back in February I lost direct contact with them and have heard how they are doing through other families who have hosted children from the same orphanage. But, on Thursday, I reconnected with them through a friend! 

We have all missed them so much. Hunter gets through it by watching videos of himself with them from this past winter break. Hudson gets through it by regularly talking about them. They both ask when N and Y will return. I wish I could give them an answer. However, the phone calls and messages over the last few days have been about as best I can do at the moment given the circumstances. 

Even after all this time, I think they miss us just as much as we miss them. Y always was more open with me with his feelings and that has not changed. N keeps his feelings tight to his chest (completely understandable), but even now, with the messages, he shows what he feels comfortable and that is the best gift I could ask for!

I want to thank you all again for following our journey. I am not giving up hope that they will all return someday. In the meantime, many Ukrainians who fled are making their way back home. For N and Y and all the other kids, they cannot return home until their shelter has been fixed as it is not deemed safe and they need a safe place to go should the shelling and bombing come their way (it is my understanding that the shelter is old, not been damaged by the war). So, please be aware, I may be reaching out again. The orphanage needs $5,000 USD to repair it. There are a few families with host children in this orphanage and so we will all be working together to raise the money. While I want them here with me, they're determined to go home (and I cannot blame them as they have been moving from place to place for months) and I want to be sure they are safe. If you would like to donate, here are my accounts:

Venmo: @teresa-mccann-6
PayPal: teresamccann6

Here are some photos of the shelter at the orphanage that we look to repair:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost one year of war...

At this time last year, I was making plans to have the boys, N and Y, and their sister, S, come for Summer 2022. We had so many hopes. There...