Monday, November 7, 2022

One year ago....

Just over one year ago our lives changed. I was sitting on Facebook, scrolling through different posts. I saw a post made by a friend, Kathy. She posted about hosting a Ukrainian orphan. I am not sure why but it really caught my eye. So, of course, I decided to follow up on it. But... the deadline to apply was just days away. I didn't think that anything would come of it. But, by God's grace, and a number of people helping, as well as a large donation by another family, I was matched with two young boys. Little did I know how those kids would change our lives. 

As I think back on this time, it really was an amazing time. So much joy, laughter and love. So much hope. Although my desire and goal was (and still is) to adopt them, everything was put on hold in February 2022. However, because of this one experience, I have had so many more opportunities to be blessed and be a blessing to others. 

In May I traveled to Poland with the organization Force 4 Hope. What an amazing experience and organization. Their goal is to bring mission trips directly to you and wow, do they ever! Best experiences and I encourage everyone to look into this organization.

Through these experiences, I was also exposed to the Unite 4 Ukrainian program. I have sponsored multiple people. And of the ones that I have sponsored, five will be in our home. The first three arrived just under four weeks ago. And they are spreading their wings and trying to set some roots. And although they are leaving, this is not Good bye, but See you soon! 💓

Brown and White Photocentric Love Slideshow by Teresa McCann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost one year of war...

At this time last year, I was making plans to have the boys, N and Y, and their sister, S, come for Summer 2022. We had so many hopes. There...